In May 2013, I started an effort to collaborate with beer bloggers from around the country with the Six-Pack Project.
It’s a simple concept: bring together writers from all over the country (and maybe world) to highlight a six-pack of our home’s native brews that best represent what our beer culture has to offer. If someone is coming to visit, what bottles or cans would we want to share?
Here are the rules:
- This isn’t simply a “best of” list. The goal is to pick a collection of six beers that represents your state and/or state’s beer culture.
- Beer must be made in your state, but “gypsy” brewers are acceptable, so long as that beer is brewed with an in-state brewery and sold in your state.
- Any size bottle or can is acceptable to include.
- Current seasonal offerings are fine, but try to keep selections to year-round brews as much as possible. No out-of-season brews preferred. Specialty or one-off brews are not allowed.
I’m always looking for new people to share their love of beer, so if you want to get involved, contact me on Twitter.
- Alabama by Blake at The Southern Committee
- Alaska by William at Drinking on the Last Frontier
- California by Max at The Beginner’s Brew and Southern California by Paul at San Diego Hop Addict
- Connecticut by Kristen at Now Beer This!
- Colorado by Eric from Sheppy’s Blog
- Delaware by Ed of Dogs of Beer
- Florida by Gerard of Beer in Florida
- Idaho by Jamie at Girls Beer Blog
- Illinois by Grant of Hop Brained (focus on Chicago) and Jeremy of SubBeerBia (outside Chicago/downstate)
- Iowa by Justin of BeerIowa
- Indiana by Rebecca of Bake and Brew
- Kentucky by Tom and Carla of Hoperatives
- Louisiana by Nora of NOLA Beer Blog
- Maryland by Oliver of Literature and Libation and Douglas of Baltimore Bistros and Beer
- Maine by James at Insurance Guy Beer Blog
- Michigan by Mark (guest post)
- Minnesota by Paige of Alcohol by Volume
- Montana by Ryan of Montana Beer Finder
- New Jersey by Ryan from Mould’s Beer Blog and by Vin at Bier Battered
- New York by Lacey of Once Upon A Stein
- North Carolina in 2013 and updated 2014 by Bryan from This Is Why I’m Drunk (and where to buy your NC beer)
- Ohio – Cincinnati/Dayton by Tom from Brew Minds and Northeast Ohio by Rick at Ohio.com
- Oklahoma by Franz from A Tempest in a Tankard
- Oregon by Chris at I Think About Beer
- Eastern Pennsylvania by Justin from Justin’s Brew Review and Western Pennsylvania by Bill from Pittsburgh Beer Snob
- South Carolina by Nick from Drink. Blog. Repeat.
- South Dakota by Eric from Sheppy’s Blog
- Tennessee by Charles from Swen’s Brew Blog
- Vermont by Tom at The A Position
- Virginia/DC by Scott from Beerbecue
- Belgian 101 by Chris at I Think About Beer
- Bolivia by Kyle at The Brewolero
- British Columbia by Matt at Great Canadian Beer Snob
- Italy by Matt of Birra Pioneer
- Lithuania by Lars at Larsblog
- Netherlands by Reginald at Endless Pint
Contact me on Twitter if you want to get involved.